1. VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION: I acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to participate in Rebuilding Together Alexandria’s Program (the "Program"); a program in which the homes of disadvantaged persons will be repaired by volunteers (skilled and unskilled, adults and minors). I understand that as a volunteer, I will not be paid for my services.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I AM AWARE THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, I MAY BE EXPOSED TO PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF MY PROPERTY THAT I MAY BRING TO THE PROGRAM SITE AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION, THE ACTIONS OF OTHER VOLUNTEERS, OR THE SPECIFIC CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH MY VOLUNTEER SERVICES ARE PERFORMED. WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THESE RISKS, BUT SUBJECT TO THE EXCLUSIONS STATED BELOW, I AGREE TO OTHERWISE ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO MY OWN PROPERTY, AND I VERIFY THIS STATEMENT BY SIGNING BELOW.
3. RELEASE: In consideration of the opportunity afforded me to participate in the Program, I hereby agree, subject to the exclusions stated below, that I, my successors, assignees, heirs, guardians and legal representatives, will not make any claim against the Program or any of its affiliated organizations, or their officers, directors, or employees, or any suppliers of any materials or equipment that are used during the Program, any of the Program volunteers or sponsors, or any homeowner participating in the Program, for injury, death, or damage resulting from their acts or omissions to act however caused, arising from my participation in the Program. Subject to the Exclusions stated herein below, I hereby waive and release any rights, actions or causes of action resulting from personal injury to me, or my death, or damage to my property, sustained in connection with my participation in the Program.
4. EXCLUSIONS. The foregoing assumption of risk and release provided in sections 2 & 3 above exclude and do not include actions or occurrences at the Program site where I am participating taken or omitted to be taken by any other volunteer and/or the homeowner which are determined to be grossly negligent or willful or wanton misconduct, and further excludes injury or death suffered by me as a direct cause and consequence of defectively manufactured materials, supplies, &/or equipment received from suppliers to the Program that are delivered to the Program site where I am participating. Notwithstanding the foregoing exclusions, this form constitutes a complete and unconditional waiver and release to Rebuilding Together Alexandria, and their respective employees, officers, and directors, and contractors.
5. VIDEO/AUDIO MATERIALS RELEASE. I further consent to the unrestricted use by the Program &/or any person authorized by Rebuilding Together Alexandria of any photos, recordings, interviews, videotapes, or similar visual & auditory recording of me created regarding the Program.
6. KNOWING AND VOLUNTARY EXECUTION: I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a contract and a release of liability between myself and Rebuilding Together Alexandria, and I sign it of my own free will.